Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Things that make me happy:
- Roommate bonding time- we hang out in the kitchen and eat way too much but it is really fun and I'm pretty sure I will look back and remember these girls forever. Slutty brownies and quesadillas (drenched in salsa of course) were on the menu tonight
- Good conversations with random people
- Having people over to do family search indexing- where other than BYU would it be fun and acceptable to invite guys over and index together. I really like it. I really just like the environment of BYU in general. We are all Mormon nerds and I love it. Currently we are sitting and talking about churchy things and I appreciate it.
- Finding cool names on indexing- a lot of them are very classy
- Reading old journals and reading the quotes found in there. The one read today that I loved was "I'd rather fight with you than make love with anyone else". Cheesy goodness.
- Seeing other people be happy
- Talking in accents. My family is going to have to get used to me talking in a terrible one all summer
- Thinking about how uncertain the future is but still being excited about it
- Trying out new things- currently I am trying out swimming and being more social than normal
- Romans 5:8 "You are loved more than you will ever know by someone who died to know you"
- Hearing people's engagement stories
- My "Love Song" station on Pandora
- A good dance partner for dancing the Waltz with in social dance class
- Talking things out
- Looking outside and seeing good weather
- Waking up early, working out and hearing birds chirp
- Getting an email from a missionary
- Knowing that in 6 days Kareen and her kids be here!! I finally get to show my family what life is like here and why I love it so much! And there will be kids in my apartment! That's the greatest thing :)
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Friday, March 9, 2012
I only wish that I could take away one part of yesterday, and then I think it would have been really perfect. I've decided that expectations really just set you up for failure. I have been expecting too much from myself and others and it's bugged me more than I would like to admit. I don't want life to just happen, but I think I need to be more realistic.
Life is still good though and I have no real complaints.
"Isn't if funny how day by day nothing is different but when you look back, everything is different"- C.S.Lewis